School Crossing Guard
5 days left
- Part Time
A part-time School Crossing Guard position is available in the Community Services Division of the Falls Church City Police Department. Work involves directing and controlling traffic at school crossing locations and ensuring safety of school children. You will also instruct children in the proper use of pedestrian traffic regulations, record vehicle identification on traffic violators for use by police officers, direct traffic on special occasions as needed.
- Regulates vehicular traffic at designated crossing to allow children to cross safely;
- Regulates children using the crossing to assure that they conform to traffic regulations;
- Assists bus drivers, parents, vehicle operators, police and school staff to ensure a safe and orderly school ingress and egress process;
- Attends meetings, gives statements, provides reports, testifies in court as necessary;
- Regulates traffic at special events and non-school locations as assigned;
- Performs miscellaneous duties to assist with other department activities;
- Takes appropriate action with children who fail to cooperate and reports such action as required;
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Graduation from high school;
- General knowledge of traffic regulations;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in inclement weather, and to follow oral and written instructions;
- Some experience in dealing courteously with children, vehicle operators, school personnel and citizens.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Hours: 15 hour per week, Monday through Friday. Work hours will be in the morning before school begins and in the afternoon after school ends during the school year. Hours will vary slightly according to school schedules and early closings.
Salary: $13.84 – $22.85 per hour, prorated annual and sick leave, City-paid life insurance, social security, worker’s compensation. See www.fallschurchva.gov for additional information.
To Apply: Submit a resume or application to the City of Falls Church, Human Resources Division, 300 Park Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22046, or via e-mail at email@example.com
Apply for School Crossing Guard
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly