The Emmes Corporation is searching for a Proposal Coordinator located in our Frederick or Rockville, Maryland office. Emmes has offices located at the below locations and throughout the greater Washington, DC area with flexibility for office location preference, dependent upon position.
The Emmes Corporation, established in 1977, is a women-owned private Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Tysons Corner, Virginia, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
The Proposal Coordinator/Writer is a newly created position in the Proposal Department. As directed by the Proposal Department Manager, the Proposal Coordinator/Writer is responsible for managing commercial and small government proposals, as well as supporting large proposals, to produce high quality, compliant, and timely submissions. The Proposal Coordinator/Writer uses Emmes’ proposal process, tools, and corporate policies to plan, manage, and contribute to all stages of the development of proposals with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility. This proposal team member will also work alongside the Proposal Department Manager and other team members to refine processes and tools and evolve our services and prepare Emmes to be a major competitor in the clinical research outsourcing marketplace.
- Provide proposal development support as directed by the Proposal Department Manager
- Shred solicitation requirements and develop response organization structure for government, commercial and nonprofit RFPs, RFIs, grants, and task orders, both domestic and international
- Apply lessons learned from proposal experience to interpret ambiguity in solicitation requirements, identify and mitigate risks to the proposal process, and collaborate with department team members on continual improvement
- Develop a workplan to include a comprehensive proposal schedule, including task assignments, that maximizes the time provided while appropriately allocating an appropriate amount of time to complete each task
- Prepare additional proposal development plans including proposal outlines and pre-formatted internal response directives in accordance with the solicitation requirements and internal standards
- Lead proposals through the corporate proposal development process, working with teams and department manager to identify and resolve issues so proposals are submitted on time, and track appropriate proposal process data
- Organize, write, edit, and format technical proposals and grant applications consistent with response instructions using Emmes templates and existing content where appropriate
- Research using multiple internal and external sources to create content to develop tailored proposal sections with consistent messaging compliant with solicitation requirements and internal standards
- Coordinate with subcontractors, primes, and other organizations as needed ensuring counterparts understand timelines for submitting responses; on an as-needed basis resolve issues and clarify information to aid in moving the proposal process forward
- Complete proposal production, formatting, and submission activities
- Create and maintain proposal folders according to department standards
- Participate in continuous improvement of proposal development, stock material/templates, and knowledge management processes
- Participate in department and corporate initiatives to aid in the building of a client relationship management (CRM) system, ensuring that proposal data is accurate tracked and kept up to date
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Majors in English, Business Administration, or Public Relations preferred. Minimum 2 years’ experience in project coordination or proposal/grant coordination, development, and/or writing; experience with proposals for US federal government contract and commercial institutions a plus
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat, including working knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint
- Prior experience working with a custom-developed proposal process requiring adaptability and flexibility according to need, preferably for a growing organization
- Experience working with proposal teams in a matrix environment with teams of varying levels of skill, from first-time participants to managers and executives
- Experience with medical terminology and knowledge of clinical trial operations a plus
- Able to integrate knowledge from literature searches, interviews with subject matter experts and relevant company experience to develop concise business and marketing communications
- Must be able to handle multiple demands during the proposal process and make decisions concerning job operations with limited direction and input on a daily basis
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Willing to take ownership of projects from inception through implementation, including through award
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be professional, client-service oriented, able to balance assertiveness with flexibility for the good of the project and those working on it, and maintain a positive outlook
- Must be able to proactively identify risks to proposal process, identify solutions, and collaborate with proposal team and/or proposal department manager to mitigate as appropriate
- Willingness to learn and perform new tasks as required
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.