Graduate Admissions Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $10.25 an hour
Web Announcement :
Graduate Admissions Assistant
The Office of Admissions is seeking a friendly, organized individual for a Graduate Admissions Assistant in the Office of Admissions. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of the Graduate Admissions Assistant is to respond to inquiries from a variety of sources and providing information to necessary parties in a timely and professional manner. The incumbent must be prepared to handle large call/email volumes and work in a deadline-driven environment. This position serves as a backup processing specialist with the focus on being one of the primary admissions point persons for transcript audits that must be conducted every semester of entering graduate students.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Comfortable working diverse populations, and possess cross-cultural communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to learn policies and procedures quickly;
- Comfort or familiarity with database systems and proficiency using Microsoft Office programs;
- Experience with professional business communications and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in customer service role in an office environment with a high-volume work load desirable; and
- A positive, friendly, and customer service-oriented attitude.
- Higher education experience; and
- Experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) software.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG7679 at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :