Financial Services Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Intercollegiate Athletics Travel Administrator
George Mason University, a NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, is seeking an Athletics Travel Administrator. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Purchasing- Pcard, eVA and Travel, this position will serve as the key liaison between Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) and Fiscal Services. The Athletics Travel Administrator will ensure that ICA travelers are supported in all matters related to Travel and Expense policies and that ICA travel expenses are within appropriate, allowable cost standards and meet all local, state, federal and NCAA regulations and organizational practices.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Primary contact for the internal traveler/arranger community in fielding general travel related questions and ensuring funding sources are available for planned expenditures;
- Reviews domestic and international group travel, prior to departure, and again upon return, to ensure expenditures are within appropriate limits;
- Researches hotels or alternate lodging in high costs cities that meet the travelersâ€™ needs;
- Oversees group travel reconciliations and ensures all accounts are reconciled and reported to the University within the appropriate guidelines;
- Serves as project manager for travel management initiatives and roll-outs. Coordinates cross-functionally to collect data, obtain feedback and drive project timelines;
- Monitors travel related policy compliance and recommends strategies to improve compliance;
- Assists users with Travel Request System (TRS) system maintenance, configuration, and log-in problems;
- Educates users on University travel and expense policies to eliminate non-compliant behavior;
- Processes Travel Reimbursement Vouchers related to ICA activities;
- Reviews procurement card charges for assigned sports and operational areas to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance; and
- Works with the Fiscal Services and ICA to design appropriate training for ICA coaches and staff on applicable policy and procedures.
Required Qualifications: * Previous accounting or travel management experience Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelorâ€™s Degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience; * Significant experience with general accounting, audit, or equivalent experience; and * Extensive experience with a wide variety of complex travel and/or accounting rules and regulations that apply to local, state and federal law
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants may apply for position number 02855z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by Nov 5th, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :