Accounts Payable Supervisor
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Supervise assigned staff for the purpose of ensuring work assignments are complete and within department objectives
- Assist with vendor and employee bank set ups on daily basis;
- Ensure expense reports are processed in a timely fashion;
- Oversee A/P monthly period close.
- Research and correct discrepancies and payments in timely manner;
- Partner with internal customers to educate and enforce accounts payable procedures, policies, IRS and internal controls;
- Maintain confidentiality of company and consumer data in both external and internal business dealings;
- Maintain files and documents thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting principles;
- Ensure daily balancing reports AP closing are completed by team;
- Oversee payment file transmissions daily and printing of checks when necessary
- Monitor processes, analyze issues, and ensure compliance with company A/P policies and procedures.
- Support company cost management goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and negotiate with cross-department resources and outside vendors.
- Audit vendor and wire payment setups for quality assurance
- Ensure timely processing of 1099's at year end and biweekly payments to distributors.
- Manage monthly recurring payment process;
- Oversees and reports system issues and process deficiencies to the management or IT staff for resolution
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy, and excellent customer service;
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers in a professional manner;
- Excellent negotiating skills with a sensitivity to public relations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly with regard to follow-up on unresolved issues;
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to learn policies of WP Company LLC, including subsidiaries.
- Ability to handle multiple demands calmly and effectively, while maintaining attention to detail and follow through;
- Ability to work in a team setting, including the ability to raise issues effectively;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work setting;
- History of taking personal responsibility to make sure the job is accurate, timely and complete;
- Strong skills in problem-solving, documentation, research and resolution, data analysis, and multi-tasking;
- Thorough knowledge of national and international banking requirements and accounting principles;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems;
- Banking and Tax experience preferred;
- Global payables experience preferred;
- Oracle experience required;
- 2+ years of supervisor experience required;
- 5-7 years of relevant experience or a combination of education (bachelor's degree preferred) and work experience required.
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described on this posting.
DAYS & HOURS: Schedule - Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m; other hours as needed