The Traffic Manager, under the direction of the Vice President, Operations, sizes up every job the agency takes on and assigns a step-by-step schedule to see it through to completion.
Each day, the Traffic Manager hosts an internal meeting to review and update the status of all new and active projects, creating a daily production schedule for each NDG team member. From there, the Traffic Manager keeps a close watch, monitoring progress and sometimes physically moving a job from one desk to the next. As changes in timing or scheduling take place, the Traffic Manager remains informed so an accurate schedule can be produced each day.
Reports directly to Vice President, Operations
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews daily work schedule with Vice President, Operations, creative team members, production artists, and digital development staff
- Reviews any creative briefs or change orders from account services team members
- Revises schedules and distributes to all departments a “Priority List,” twice a day reflecting the most pressing jobs for the day and their current status
- Publishes a weekly production status report to advise all departments of schedules and job status
- Expedites all “crisis jobs”—majority of work should flow through creative/production on a reasonable, scheduled basis, as directed and supervised by the Vice President, Operations and Creative Director
- Notifies account services team members and the Vice President, Operations when necessary to contact clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Communicates regularly with account services team members about the current status of all jobs in progress in creative/production, based on input from Vice President, Operations and Creative Director
- Reports any problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to account services team members, after being advised by Vice President, Operations and Creative Director
- Works with Vice President, Operations in working with outside vendors for all projects, based on quality control, budget, timing, etc.
- Proofreads all artwork/digital proofs
- Is notified when internally approved copy, layouts, etc., are forwarded to Vice President, Operations/account services for client approval
- Makes sure all material is properly approved by account executive and client
- Regulates time to allow for an internal review of all concepts with account services
- Assists Vice President, Operations in coordinating schedules of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines
- Obtains quotes from art and photo suppliers, freelancers and other vendors as required by Vice President, Operations
- Archives paperwork for all stock photography
- Creates job folders for newly booked projects, prints associated proposal from OPS, and then passes these items along to the Accounting Director
- Adds new projects to online file management system
- Assists Accounting Director and Vice President, Operations with billing (printing out reports, organizing contents of job folders, mailing invoices, and archiving completed projects in OPS)
- Assists with billing and pulls job folders ready for billing and presents to Vice President, Operations
- Archives and maintains any in-house client mechanicals/original artwork, digital production file backups and photo files according to the agency archiving process
- Maintains updated agency sample files
- Arranges delivery of samples to client and agency personnel for all completed jobs
- Works with media department to obtain publications’ specifications and extensions when necessary
- Researches specialty items and purchases items for clients
- Prints, binds and collates materials for presentations and client meetings
- Maintains current computer skills related to daily job functions
- At least two (2) years of project or traffic management experience in an agency environment is preferred. Similar project management experience acceptable.
- Energetic, resourceful, positive attitude and a passion for learning
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management skills
- Must be personable and possess excellent people skills & sound judgment