Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must have a degree in economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
You must have a combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
To qualify for pay band 4a you must also meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4b (GS-12) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as; conducting economic research and data analysis (ex. constraints analysis, economic rate of return analysis, beneficiary analysis, monitoring and impact evaluation) in support of compact development or implementation programs/projects; and experience preparing technical analyses, recommendations, policies and summary reports for use at meetings, external events, and other forums. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Highly Desirable: Understanding of and experience in using the Highway Development and Maintenance Management System (HDM-IV) model and transport/infrastructure economics
Highly Desirable: Master's degree (Economics or Public Policy)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
- Selectee may be required to complete a probationary/trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Technical Competence
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Based on the information you provided in your application package, you will be placed in one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be called for an interview.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No