MANAGER OF SPORTS LEAGUES AND FIELD MANAGEMENT
7 days left
- Full Time
The Athletic and Facility Services Division (AFS) within the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is seeking a Manager of Sports Leagues and Field Management, to oversee athletic programming in Arlington and be an advocate for sports in the community. The Manager of Sports Leagues and Field Management will be responsible for providing direct administration to leagues and partner organizations.
DPR administers Sports Leagues through contracted services, or with local non-profit partners including the Arlington Soccer Association (ASA), Arlington Little League (ALL), Arlington Babe Ruth (ABR), and others, and offers a robust summer camp program. This position will serve on the Athletic and Facility Services Management Team.
Specific duties Include:
- Managing four programming staff who are responsible for administration and scheduling of sports leagues and camps;
- Serving as the liaison to the Sports Commission for a one-year period and to selected partner sports leagues;
- Administering multiple sports leagues and one internal league throughout the calendar year, and assigning field space to partner leagues;
- Assisting in administering over 40 contracted summer camps June â€“ August;
- Overseeing flag football and youth basketball registrations through Bluestar registration system;
- Partnering with the Athletic and Facility Services Deputy Division Chief to ensure that the Athletic Field Allocation Policy (AFAP) is being executed as written, providing field space as efficiently and effectively as possible to partner and house sports leagues;
- Ensuring all other aspects of the policy are being followed by partner leagues and staff to include: background checks, tournament policies, allocating field space, and scheduling within seasons;
- Preparing the sports newsletter to be sent on a quarterly basis to all sports leagues and advocates;
- Leading monthly team meetings;
- Meeting periodically with partner sports organizations to cultivate and uphold relationships;
- Tracking data to include field utilization and league participation numbers; and
- Collaborating with the Athletic Field Maintenance team to prioritize field maintenance preparations for games and practices.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management/Administration, Recreation Administration, or related field plus three years' experience in sports and recreation administration.
Substitution: Additional experience may substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Master's Degree in Sports Management/Administration, Recreation Administration or related field.
- Experience managing Sports programs in a local government setting.
- Experience utilizing RecTrac or similar web based scheduling and registration system.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with some weekend and on call when needed.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.