HELP DESK SUPPORT ANALYST, ONE-STOP ARLINGTON
- Full Time
Arlington County's Department of Technology Services (DTS) is hiring a Help Desk Support Analyst to support the development and implementation phases of the County's new permitting system. Using the Accela Civic Platform, "One-Stop Arlington" will allow customers to access online features associated with building and land management permits to include plan submissions, permit applications, payments for all permits and inspections, and virtual customer assistance.
Reporting to the One-Stop Arlington Technology Manager, the Help Desk Analyst provides frontline technical support and customer service related to permit applications to both internal and external users. In addition, this individual will assist with system implementation, maintenance, user training, and future development to include implementing system upgrades and providing application reporting.
For more information about One-Stop Arlington please visit https://building.arlingtonva.us/improving-customer-service/
Specific duties include:
- Assisting users with application usage and questions, and technical problem resolution; providing advice & training on basic and advanced system features;
- Providing first level technical support to resolve both portal and back-end application issues (e.g. trouble-shooting and resolving reported problems; escalating unresolved issues to developers and/or the vendor as required; performing root-cause system analyses and implementing action plans to minimize recurrences of identified issues);
- Utilizing the service desk ticketing system to record and track tickets; monitoring the application, troubleshooting and documenting problems in ticketing system;
- Maintaining maintenance schedules and application documentation;
- Assisting with planning and coordinating testing for changes, upgrades, updates and new services while ensuring the application operates correctly in current and future environments; and
- Running and/or developing reports in Crystal Reports, PowerBI, Microsoft Access, and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) as required.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues and customers, good written and verbal communication skills to translate technical documentation to non-technical audiences, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills to support application configuration. Selection Criteria
Minimum: Two or four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field plus some technology help desk work experience providing support and guidance to technical and non-technical users.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience with one or more of the following experiences:
- Utilizing an Accela Civic Platform or similar platform/system; and/or
- Developing reports using Crystal Reports, PowerBI, Microsoft Access, and/or SSRS
Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete resumes will not be considered.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm with some flexibility.
This position is part of an alternative pay program that includes career path and pay-for-performance elements. Starting pay within the band is based on a review of qualifications and experience. Pay potential will be based on performance and development.