- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $15.00/hour
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Center for the Advancement of Well-Being (CWB) is seeking a responsible part-time hourly student or non-student wage for an Office Assistant position. The maximum authorized hours of work for this position will be up to 20 hours per week.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Office support for the Director of Educational Programs and full-time staff;
- Assist with preparation for on events, workshops, executive education programs, and conferences;
- Proofread and edit program/event materials as needed;
- Create Word documents, PowerPoints, and Excel spreadsheets for the office staff;
- Copying, filing, and data entry;
- Tasks related to picking up and delivering orders such as print jobs, parking validations, etc.;
- Provide support preparing materials and supplies for all programs supported by CWB;
- Help set up meeting spaces for all programs supported by CWB;
- Provide support with miscellaneous tasks as they arise.
- Focused, detailed-oriented, and reliable;
- Strong organizational and executive skills;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive mindset. Preferred Qualifications
- Graphic design skills;
- Knowledge of George Mason University policies/procedures.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :