Chief Financial Officer
American Bird Conservancy
Chief Financial Officer
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: The Plains, VA
Application Deadline: November 9, 2018.
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy in The Plains, VA. The Chief Financial Officer for American Bird Conservancy is responsible for all phases of the financial management and reporting functions, including: preparation of monthly financial reports, managing federal and private grants, ensuring compliance with federal and state grant regulations and reporting, preparing and maintaining schedules for the yearly audit, cash flow projections, managing the program management reporting system, management of the finance division team and budget, preparation and management of the annual financial budget, assuring proper payment and controls for all partners and vendors, overseeing and compliance to procurement policy and other duties as assigned.
This position requires a broad knowledge of all ABC programs and structure and knowledge of non-profit accounting. Work requires initiative, flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail. The Chief Financial Officer reports to the President of ABC and serves as a member of the Management Team.
- Manage all facets of financial reporting and control including: Accounting, Finance and Procurement functions.
- Provide all financial reporting for use by management team, President, Board and government entities. Ensures that accounting is maintained according to GAAP and all federal funds are kept compliant with latest OMB regulations. Develops and leads the Program Management system for reporting on program measurements of budget, actuals and analysis of variances. Responsible for forecasts for annual revenue and expenses.
- Manages all phases of the annual external audit.
- Provides all financial reports for the Board of Directors and Management Committee. Acts as Recording Secretary for Finance Committee of the ABC Board and provides financial reporting and analysis to support ABC Board and Committee requests. Produces all Treasury Reporting including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Revenue recognition and funds balance analysis.
- Manages the Annual Budget process and oversees the completion and presentation of the Annual Budget. Produces and maintains a monthly expense, revenue and cash budget process.
- Manages of staff of five finance professionals. Responsible for overseeing all financial reports, proposal budgets, invoicing of customers, tracking of expenses, management of the ledger, analysis of balance sheet accounts, monthly reconciliations, investment account reporting and accounting, interaction with independent investment advisors, analysis of financial system needs, staff professional development and Prepare and maintain financial schedules for the yearly audit and tax return.
- Provides strategic advice and counsel to the ABC President on issues concerning financial position and control, systems upgrades, audit postures, risk management and external financial issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field and at least ten years of work experience financial management or accounting. A combination of education and related work experience is acceptable. A CPA or five years of managing an accounting function is preferred.
- Experience in fund accounting and using accounting software is required, with QuickBooks Online experience preferred.
- Proficiency with office computers and equipment. Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word; knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, accurately, and within deadlines.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Good communication skills, in person and in writing.
How to Apply:
Please upload a cover letter and resume to Bamboo HR: https://abcbirds.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35
If you experience technical difficulties, please upload your cover letter and resume as two separate PDF documents to HR@abcbirds.org