IT Specialist (EFTPS Technology and Project Management Support)
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This opportunity is also open to Status Candidates under Announcement 18-FS-353-MP Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes experience applying professional Information Technology (IT) principles, techniques, hardware and software in order to provide advisory, planning, customer service assistance, and operational support of IT programs.
Examples of such experience could include:
-Leading a team to complete IT projects; OR
-Participating in IT security assessments; OR
-Conducting formal and informal meetings involving presentations to customers, executive management, and partners; OR
-Planning, designing, and maintaining financial systems to meet operational needs; OR
-Analyzing laws, regulations, and policies affecting management of IT systems.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must have IT-related proficiency in each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail, such as analyzing technical documents and data, draw conclusions, and formulate solutions to problems.
- Customer Service, such as establishing effective working relationships that increase information flow and productivity.
- Oral Communication, such as presenting results of analyses, including highly technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Problem Solving, such as providing technical advice, guidance, and recommendations on critical IT issues and apply new solutions to problems.
- Factors such as cost effectiveness, labor market conditions and difficulties in filling the position will be reviewed in determining if payment of relocation expenses is in the best interest of the Government.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is a moderate risk position.
- We offer opportunities for limited telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation. Periodic reinvestigation is required no later than five years after selection and at least every succeeding five years.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Project Management, Critical Thinking, Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Superior, Good, or Satisfactory depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No