Supervisory Grants Management Specialist
Occasional travel - Travel for training and work assignments may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation
- Successful completion of a 1 year trial period (if new hire to the Federal service)
- Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expense associated with reporting for duty to this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee
- This position is eligible for telework within the local commuting area of the duty location of the position. Employee participation in telework is at the discretion of the supervisor
- Subject to one year supervisory/managerial probation period (unless prior service is creditable). New USDA Supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required new supervisory training program before the end of their probation period
- In accordance with Office of Government Ethics regulations concerning conflict of interest, the incumbent of this position will be required to submit a financial disclosure report within 30 days of their effective date of appointment and annually thereafter
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including the following specialized experience and/or education, as identified by grade level.
FOR THE GS-13 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Utilizing supervisory and leadership techniques to plan, organize, train and manage resources and subordinates in accordance with Agency and Departmental regulations as it relates to cooperative agreements and grants.
- Utilizing appropriate application of laws, regulations, rules, policies, procedures, and methods governing the administration of Federal grant /agreements and awards.
- Developing and formulating comprehensive grants/agreement management policies and systems for use throughout the grants/agreement process.
- Utilizing analytical and evaluative methods to improve grant/ agreement program processes, training and systems.
- Provide analyses to identify and resolve management, financial and administrative issues throughout the grant/agreement life cycle.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
- This position is subject to unscheduled overnight details of undetermined lengths in the event of animal health emergencies or other conditions requiring immediate response, as required by the Agency. (Extensive periods of time may be designated for overnight details.)
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible see http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- Salary Information: First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lowest rate of the salary range for the grade selected.
- This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months. (Appointment may be extended up to 4 years without re-announcing.) For more details click: Term Appointments
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined on applicants' quality of experience and the extend they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and procedures governing the administration of grant agreements
- Knowledge of financial methods, procedures, and practices to ensure the grant funds are administered in accordance with applicable regulations
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Ability to apply analytical methods, tools, and techniques
- Customer service
- Conflict Management
- Developing Others
- Human Capital Management
- Leveraging Diversity
- Other Supervisory Competencies
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to and including removal from the Federal Service.
To view the application form, visit: https://aphis.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=A592456A-3896-4708-BF16-A95F00E15E50 Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No