Occasional travel - Travel for training and work assignments may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation
- Successful completion of a 1 year probationary or trial period (if new hire to the Federal service)
- Subject to one year supervisory/managerial probation period (unless prior service is creditable). New USDA Supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required new supervisory training program before the end of their probation period
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including the following specialized experience and/or education, as identified by grade level.
Degree: physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics.
OR Combination of education and experience - course work equivalent to a major as shown in A above, including at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
- Expert knowledge and experience of testing methodologies and principles of analysis in pesticide residue determinations.
- Experience in leading others in the preparation of directives, guidelines, and instructions as necessary to carry out the functions and activities of the Federal/State Pesticide Data Program.
- Review of program operations to ensure that they are conducted within the budgetary limits of available appropriated fiscal year funding. General knowledge of the concepts and technical issues in information technology planning and management, acquisition preparation, and execution of financial documents (e.g., Cooperative Agreements) is required.
- Collaboration with Federal and State laboratories and respective organization officials for planning purposes, establishing program-wide Standard Operating Procedures, and resolution of policy and operational issues. The incumbent also will represent the Agency in presentations of the program to Federal and State officials, academia, industry, and trade organizations.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, both oral and written, as well as a thorough understanding of pertinent organizational policies are critical. The ability to present technical information in lay terms and developing and implementing program policy is critical to the position. The incumbent also oversees the preparation of comprehensive summaries and official reports.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- This position requires specific coursework or a degree in a specific field to be basically qualified.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university.
Please see above for education qualification information.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible see https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- Direct Deposit – Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choosing.
- E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS E-VERIFY system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Managements (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined on applicants quality of experience and the extend they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- Ability to apply Good laboratory Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and Lab Safety Procedures ultimately resulting in quality analytical data and reports (This includes Quality Assurance& Quality Control guidelines, as well as other professional labratory guidelines, standards and regulations)
- Ability to perform mathematical, algebraic, and statistical calculations of data and to design and carry out scientific studies which meet professional standards
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Ability to prioritize work, lead others, and supervise a professional work program
- Policy, program, and organization management abilities
- Creativity and Innovation
- Political Savvy
- Technology Management
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Those determined to be in the best qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to and including removal from the Federal Service.
To view the application form, visit: https://ams.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=DD75628F-965F-4909-8ED7-A967009F7B97 Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No