Food Service Worker
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Ability to do food service work without more than normal supervision (Screen-out element).
- Work practices including cleanliness, neatness and sanitation in food service work.
- Technical practices in food service work.
- Ability to read, understand and follow preparation and serving instructions, manuals, etc.
- Ability to use and care for food preparation and serving tools, utensils and equipment.
- Knowledge of food preparation serving ingredients.
- Dexterity and safety in food service work.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10305924
Not applicable to this position.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- - This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- - A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- - If selected, you must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- -You must be able to lift and move heavy items weighing 40 lbs.
- -This position requires weekend hours, night shifts, and holiday hours.
- -If selected, you will be covered by a bargaining unit (union).
- - We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- - The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- - The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No