SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (Chief Technology Officer)
Occasional travel - Some travel required (less than 25%) to visit operations, staff, field offices, stakeholders and service providers throughout the United States, to include visits to slaughter houses or other FSIS regulated facilities and other sites, as appropriate.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be paid if eligible in accordance with regulations.
• May be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
• Subject to one-year supervisory/managerial probation period (unless prior service is creditable). New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required new supervisor training program before the end of their probationary period.
• Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
• If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS "E-VERIFY" system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
• If you are selected, you may need to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) prior to being appointed to determine suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation. False statements or responses on a resume or application can jeopardize employment and may be grounds for disciplinary action, including removal from Federal service.
• Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Failure to successfully meet these requirements could lead to adverse action proceedings including possible termination.
• CONFIDENTIAL FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT: If selected, you will be required to submit Form OGE-450 within 30 days of your initial appointment date, and annually thereafter in accordance with 5 CFR, Part 2635, Sub part E regarding business or personal transactions with applicants, borrowers, or business contacts who have or who are seeking business with this Agency.
• DRUG TESTING: This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP). Selectee must submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and random testing thereafter. Final appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results for illegal drug use.
For the GS-15 level: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes:
- A strong track record of successful application of business technology to current and emerging mission needs through sound and agile process development, DevOps or DevSecOps implementation, workforce planning, enterprise architecture, product management, and leading a large transformation program and/or project.
- Demonstrated successful leadership in IT transformation and change management initiatives, including cloud services/hosting, mobile apps, and DevSecOps with a strong focus on customer experience and satisfaction.
An expert knowledge and application of big data and open data initiatives to solve complex business problems.
A strong knowledge and application of laws, policies and priorities of Federal IT management and accountability.
- A superior ability to lead people and drive innovation.
All applicants qualifying based on experience must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. Please refer to the competency definition shown below, when addressing those competencies.
- Problem Solving: Providing oversight and direction of innovative, agile and effective work methods, practices, and procedures; including the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques to drive to appropriate outcomes, support an evolving mission, support goals, and meet or exceed performance measures.
- Oral Communication: Ensuring that an IT organizations strategic and operational plan, mission, vision and values are clearly communicated to subordinates and are integrated into the teams strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Customer Service: Exercising significant authority in dealing with officials of other units/organizations and advising management officials of higher rank on operational issues while marketing and demonstrating an IT organization as a trusted partner for mission/technology convergence.
- Attention to Detail: Directing, coordinating and overseeing quality, reliable and visionary work solutions both individually and through subordinate supervisors or team leaders.
Please note: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Please view OPM's Qualifications Standards. Information Technology (IT) Management Series, 2210.
• Career Transition Assistance Plant (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
• This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
• Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
• This position is eligible for telework and other flexible work arrangements. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
• It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: CHCO Council.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of two or three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined based on applicant's quality of experience and the extent they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- Developing vision and strategy that drives successful strategic outcomes and satisfied customers
- Leading, developing, empowering and motivating people
- Ensuring the success of specific major programs/projects and portfolios
- Directing the work, performance and accountability of an organizational unit and transform it with injection of value engineering emerging technology that customers demand and reduce risk posture with the best value to government
- Monitoring progress toward strategic and operational goals and performance measures, evaluating organizational performance, and taking action to improve performance
- Successfully leading change in a major organization
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Those determined to be in the best qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from Federal service.
To view the application form, visit: https://fsis.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=0477DEFB-1CD3-4755-B436-A96E008931BE Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes