Attorney (Corporate Law)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to prepare pretrial briefs, motions, pleadings, responses and other documents to present the issues independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to provide legal advice and services with respect to regulations, practices, or other legal matters, and formulate opinions involving the analysis and interpretation of federal, state and local laws.
- Ability to litigate cases before administrative bodies and federal courts.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to include the ability to negotiate with third parties on behalf of clients and prepare legal documents and presentations.
- Ability to conduct legal research to gather and interpret information and ensure accuracy of details using resources such as internal and external documents, archives, electronic databases, and interviews.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: To be eligible for the Attorney position, you must possess a Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- SPECIAL CONDITION: Qualified applicants must be a current member in good standing of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Bar Association.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: At least 3 years of experience in legal practice, of which one year of the experience requirement may be met through the completion of a judicial clerkship if completed by the time of hire. The clerkship must be documented in the applicant's resume.
- The three years of required experience must include: (1) three years of experience working in the commercial practice of law, including facilitating and managing transactional matters OR (2) three years of experience primarily practicing commercial litigating or federal administrative litigation, including either (a) federal court litigation concerning complex and/or contract and other commercial dispute matters or advertising regulation or advertising law, or other corporate regulatory issues; OR (b) litigation before administrative agencies or federal courts involving complex matters.
Please read the "Qualifications" section.
The salary will be based on previous experience, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant professional, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No