Secondary School Nutrition Manager
- Full Time
Basic responsibilities include staff supervision and coordination of meal service activities to ensure that nutritious meals are provided that prepare students for academic success.
Graduation from high school with a minimum of 2 years of quantity food service experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Ability to effectively supervise staff with diverse backgrounds
* Ability to train adults in the varied work of kitchen operations, such as following standardized recipes, setting up service lines, exemplary customer service, communicating with customers, building staff and community members, cashiering, and conducting cleanup
* Demonstrates the ability to build and sustain a high performing team
* Must demonstrate excellent customer relations skills
* Possess working knowledge of quantity food preparation methods and practices
* Knowledge of HACCP food safety procedures and practices; must possess current Serve-Safe certification
* Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality concerning student records
* Demonstrates understanding of finance in order to manage a financially solvent unit to meet established key performance indicators
* Possess in-depth, working knowledge of USDA regulations governing programs
* Initiates and conducts promotions and marketing activities that engage students and help build participation; engages classroom teachers and students in marketing activities
* Knowledge of basic computer operations
A minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience is highly desirable. As a requirement of job responsibilities, attends monthly manager leadership meetings and job-related training classes and workshops, as directed by the Director of School Nutrition Services. Must obtain annual continuing education hours for the position as required by federal law. Must obtain a Level 2 School Nutrition Association certificate within first year of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 40 pounds. May be exposed to extreme temperatures.