Administrative Support Specialist/Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO)
- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Support Specialist/Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) Volgenau School of Engineering
The George Mason University Volgenau School of Engineering (VSE) seeks an Administrative Support Specialist /Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) to be hired as an hourly wage employee. This position supports OSD and other research projects that focus on networking architectures for air, ground, space, and surface platforms at an off-site (off-campus) location. Mason was selected for this initiative due to its unique background in research of C4I and Cyber systems with a specific focus on Rapid Prototyping, Field Experimentation, and Analysis.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Administrative Support â€“ Provide general administrative support to the Principle Investigator and program team. Travel delegate for the Principal Investigator; monitor supplies and purchase card activity; other administrative duties as assigned to support the programâ€™s effective execution.
- Security Support â€“ Function as the on-site Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) and COMSEC Account Manager, providing multi-disciplined security support for this off-site location. Responsible for executing daily facility security procedures and access control to include monitor reception/security desk; visitor validation using JPAS; process visit request submissions for the program team; visitor badge/access control; other routine duties needed to monitor access to restricted areas.
- Event Support â€“ Support the Principle Investigator and program team regarding the planning, coordination and execution of meetings with DoD and other significant program stakeholders. Communicate routinely with event participants (to include industry and DoD partners and customers) internal and external to GMU regarding event details. Responsible for scheduling available spaces, visitor registration and control (check-in) of participants, and other duties to support successful event execution.
- Facilities support â€“ Act as primary interface with off-site landlord/delegate to address day-to-day issues such as but not limited to notifying landlord/delegate regarding repairs/work requests, as well as monitoring and reporting on status of landlord response.
- United States citizen with current U.S. SECRET security clearance;
- Significant related experience providing professional administrative /security support in a dynamic, high-tempo office environment;
- Ability to comply with DoD industrial security policies and procedures in accordance with National Industrial Security Program Operational Manual (NISPOM);
- Strong MS Office skills. Word, Excel, PPT, etc.;
- Proficient skill in oral and written communication to ensure high quality customer service, presentations and reports. Preferred Qualifications:
- United States citizen with U.S. TS security clearance;
- Previous DoD or related civilian experience as a Security Support Specialist / Alternate FSO or Information System Security Assistant;
- Previous experience as a COMSEC Custodian.
This position will report directly to Professor Bill Roeting. The position will be performed at an off-site facility in the Springfield, Virginia area. This is a non-benefited hourly wage position. The hourly salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience. The anticipated start date is November, 1 2018; or soon thereafter.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must complete and submit the online application at https://jobs.gmu.edu for position WGD480 and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. The review of applications will start immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :