Resiliency Testing & Validation Manager
Freddie Mac’s Business Resiliency team protects corporate assets from significant business interruptions
by optimizing risk management and building operational resiliency. The team is comprised of four verticals including Strategy & Governance, Planning, Crisis Management and Assurance . The Validation and Exercising team has responsibility for coordinating, monitoring, reporting, validating and supporting business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management plan testing.
The Validation and Exercising Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day Resiliency Planning and execution of testing activities, within the scope of what is directly executed by Business Resiliency, or where there is involvement by Business Resiliency as a stakeholder. This position will manage exercise and testing participation, review of test plans, and capturing of relevant results for management reporting.
This position will also be responsible for supporting the review of all enterprise-wide test and assessment results, and confirmation the results meet test objectives, with direct correlation to defined success criteria. This position will also be responsible for supporting the aggregation and reporting of testing/assessment results, along with corresponding identified issues and risks, and for verifying capacity (e.g. offsite seats, human capacity, etc.).
The Validation and Exercising team assists in evaluating the company’s ability to recover normal business operations after a business resiliency incident, including business continuity, crisis and disaster recovery. The team provides guidance to internal and external stakeholders on current test plans and testing scenarios as well as suggests opportunities for improvement. The Validation and Exercising team partners with Business Process Managers and technology partners to ensure that an overall testing and exercising approach is defined, resiliency test plans are in place, test schedules have been developed and that testing results are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
Candidates should have experience in coordinating an enterprise-wide business resiliency program. The individual should bring relevant experience operating within a complex organization that requires interacting with and influencing a wide range of stakeholders.
Responsibilities include:* Maintain business resiliency validation and exercising procedures, templates, training and job aid materials.
* Work with technology partners and business process owners to establish business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis management testing plans and an overall testing calendar.
* Develop detailed testing scenarios that critically evaluates the businesses ability to recover from a short and long-term business disruption.
* Identify and implement efficiencies within the testing program.
* Conduct training sessions and provide support for divisional business resiliency coordination teams.
* Work with the Business Stakeholders at all levels to follow up on issues identified from various business resiliency tests.
* Demonstrate analytical skills in assessing any resiliency risks based on the BCP’s and other available sources of data. Utilize gaps identified in designing scenarios.
* Coordinate business participation and completion of resiliency testing as required by corporate standards.
* Evaluate test results for accuracy and completeness and ensure retesting occurs as required.
* Provide oversight for testing of business continuity program capabilities and support cross-functional efforts including but not limited to third party and vendor resilience requirements
*Minimum 5 years’ experience in business continuity, crisis management, disaster recovery and/or risk management discipline.
*College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically has 5 or more years related experience and 2+ years management experience.
*Experience with implementing an enterprise-wide resiliency platform and ability to identify metrics necessary for reporting and monitoring, setting acceptable testing scenarios, and enlisting active testing from business and technical partners.
*Candidates must have a strong understanding of IT and experience/linkage with managing of business continuity planning is a plus.
*Experience presenting to senior management.
*Ability to communicate and interface with diverse groups (both internal and external)
*Strong resilience, ability to lead through ambiguity, and persistence to move ahead regardless of barriers.
*Comprehensive project management skills including work plan development and implementation; strategic planning, budgeting, and allocation.
*A team builder with a track record of attracting, developing, and retaining high-performing talent. Keys to success in this role
* Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
* Strong consultation and communication skills
* Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
* Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the Enterprise Operations division
* Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
* Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
* Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess* Leadership- Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and/or goals
* Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
* Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
*Financial Services experience including the implementation of policy & governance: interact with internal teams, auditors and regulators to set policy, standards and governance.
*Professional certification in BCM – BCCP, BCCE, DRCP or BCCA would be a plus
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.