Freddie Mac’s Business Resiliency team protects corporate assets from significant business interruptions
by optimizing risk management and building operational resiliency. The team is comprised of four verticals including Strategy & Governance, Planning, Crisis Management and Assurance.
The Planning team is responsible for overseeing development of enterprise and divisional continuity plans and requirements to manage and recover from disruptions to facilities access; business processing; technology services and capabilities and/or human resources.
The continuity planning manager will use knowledge of enterprise and industry standards; organizational strategy and risk appetite to 1) ensure the identification, documentation, and analysis of operational business resilience requirements; 2) conduct cyclical Business Impact Analysis and Continuity Planning in support of business functions across all Divisions, and 3) identify, measure and report on resiliency planning risks and concerns.
* Drive efforts across the organization to develop and implement Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
* Educate and train business areas on conducting Business Impact Analysis (BIA’s) and how to leverage the BIA outputs to develop Business Continuity Plans
* Assist with and ensures adherence to governance, policies, and provides oversight to the divisions
* Assist with communications program focused raising awareness of the Business Continuity and educating participants on the role of BCM
* Participate in Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Testing Exercises
* Lead the annual review of Business Continuity plans and informing business owners of updates and changes. Semi-annually conduct a comprehensive assessment to ascertain the program effectiveness and report results to management stakeholders
* Assist in reporting on the organization’s BCP status, activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations. Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
* Monitor and track program compliance and effectiveness by developing metrics for management awareness of business continuity program state of readiness and support ongoing maintenance of dashboards
* Further develop and enhance a high-performance culture with accountability throughout the organization; mentor, develop and coach an engaged team.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to identify enterprise risks associated with business disruption and develop effective strategies to recover the business operations
* Respond to disruptions or event situations in an organized and comprehensive manner, and drive ongoing improvement in continuity procedures and mitigation strategies
* Provide oversight of the core business continuity program and support cross-functional efforts including but not limited to third party and vendor resilience requirements
*Typically has 5 or more years related experience and 2+ years management experience.
*Minimum 5 years’ experience in business continuity, disaster recovery and/or crisis/emergency management, project management domains.
*College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
*Experience in risk assessments, strategy development, testing and program management preferred
*Experience with implementing an enterprise-wide resiliency platform and ability to identify metrics necessary for reporting and monitoring, setting acceptable risk thresholds, and determine the escalation process in the event risk tolerances are breached.
*Candidates must have an understanding of IT environments including: architecture, engineering design and development, service design, operations and delivery. Experience/linkage with business continuity and disaster recovery is a plus.
*Strong communications, leadership, collaboration, presentation, and facilitation skills
*Ability to communicate and interface with diverse groups (both internal and external)
*Strong resilience, ability to lead through ambiguity, and persistence to move ahead regardless of barriers.
*Comprehensive project management skills including work plan development and implementation; strategic planning, budgeting, and allocation.
*A team builder with a track record of attracting, developing, and retaining high-performing talent.
Keys to success in this role
* Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
* Strong consultation and communication skills
* Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
* Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the Enterprise Operations division
* Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
* Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
* Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess* Leadership- Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy and/or goals
* Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
* Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
*Financial Services experience including the implementation of policy & governance: interacting with internal teams, auditors and regulators to set policy, standards and governance.
*Strong knowledge of resiliency related FHFA, FFIEC regulations applicable to Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.