Occupational Health Nurse - LPN
Avisar is seeking an Occupational Health practitioner to provide nursing and administrative support to our DOD client full-time at Ft. Belvoir, VA. Candidate must be a certified LPN and will require a security clearance at the SECRET level for this position.
This is a great opportunity to join an excellent team of professionals that are mission-driven and collaborative. The following outlined areas are not all-inclusive, but are indicative of the day-to-day tasks of the position:
- Provide nursing services in the areas of occupational health and wellness within licensed scope of practice.
- Ensure the Occupational Health Division clinic operates in accordance with Department of Defense and DeWitt Healthcare Network regulations, standards and procedures. Manage the clinical inventories, appointment schedules, and processes to ensure the clinic remains fully operational as per Agency standard medical practices and procedures.
- Assist with daily activities assigned to the Occupational Health Division. Functional areas within the division include occupational medicine, travel health surveillance, basic first aid, treatment of minor occupational illness and injury, and health promotion for the entire Agency.
- Patient education and counseling in such areas as preventive health, wellness care, and occupational health.
- Assist in the medical readiness review for Agency personnel worldwide. Review status of Agency personnel to determine if individuals are ready to deploy or travel to remote areas – both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Assist the Division Chief, co-workers and safety personnel to ensure that Agency personnel are provided a workplace that is free from health hazards that could cause an occupational illness or injury.
- Assist in the evaluation of workplaces periodically to determine existing and potential chemical, physical, and biological hazards. Identify potential and expected health hazards and work with other medical, safety, and environmental personnel to make recommendations as needed.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, directives and instructions to address all agency occupational health issues and clinical operations.
- Coordinate and distribute medical field kits for deploying personnel.
- Assist in the in/out processing of Agency personnel per clinic protocol.
- Assist the Radiation Safety Officer to ensure personnel potentially exposed to radiological materials are monitored appropriately through medical surveillance in accordance with radiation safety program requirements.
- Assist with the direct medical treatment or evacuation of Agency personnel to acceptable medical facilities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of safety and occupational health training to educate Agency personnel on occupational health, wellness, and the hazards of traveling to remote areas.
- Assist with the implementation of various training classes, such as, first aid, basic life support, hearing and vision conservation, pregnancy surveillance, sharps/body fluid exposure, and others as required. Administer health education promotions during health fairs and health and wellness briefings and classes.
- Assist in the review of Agency occupational health programs and services to ensure that personnel assigned to other permanent locations are afforded appropriate occupational health support.
- Assist in the development of performance metrics and shaping tasks for measuring the Divisions’ programmatic performance, tracking and reporting performance, and recommending adjustments in due dates with supporting justification.
- Support the Division Chief, safety personnel, and human resources personnel to ensure employees and supervisors understand occupational health requirements.
- Assist in the development of occupational health and Division clinical protocols.
- Assist in the development of new program objectives to improve the health and welfare of Agency employees and to implement procedures that will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the clinic.
Avisar is an EOE, offering a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that values excellence and rewards effort. If interested, please send a resume along with a cover letter, salary requirements, nursing certifications, and security clearance information to email@example.com, Please put “Occupational Health Nurse” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Apply for Occupational Health Nurse - LPN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly