Management and Program Analyst (DEU)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME ZONE (ETZ) on the closing date of this announcement. Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This position requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Form, SF 450
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcement are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management website located at www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employments. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For ZA-03 you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience which has equipped the incumbent with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying experience are:
- Assists with the execution, analyze, and interpretation of complex data from a variety of sources;
- Uses basic quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques;
- Assists in the preparation of oral and written presentations; and
- Interprets and applies various guidelines to specific situations and circumstances.
COMBINATION: Equivalent combinations of specialized experience and education are qualifying for this position. TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED.
For ZA-04 you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience which has equipped the incumbent with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying experience are:
- Initiates, plans, executes, analyzes and interprets a large volume of complex data from a variety of sources;
- Uses quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques;
- Prepares oral and written presentations;
- Interprets and applies various guidelines to specific situations and circumstances;
- Recognizes and identifies needs for improvement in operating practices while offering solutions to problems identified.
Education required for a ZA-03 position: Masters or equivalent graduate degree, (or) 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, (or) LL.B. or J.D. if related, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this position. TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED.
Education required for a ZA-04 position: None.
The ZA-4 is equivalent to the grades 13/14 on the GS pay scale.
A probationary period may be required.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Management Analyst, ZA-0343-4 with full promotion potential to ZA-4 positions within Office of the Secretary in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and experience.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information about CTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management's Career Transition Resources website at: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
CTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; a Certificate of Expected Separation (CES); or certification that you are in a surplus organization or occupation (this could be a position abolishment letter, a notice eligibility for discontinued service retirement, or similar notice).
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", noting current position, grade/band level, and duty location;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your bureau/operating unit that shows your current promotion potential.
ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; notice of disability annuity termination; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a work-related compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", documenting your RIF separation, noting your position, grade/band level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of the three pre-defined categories. The categories are “gold”, “silver” and “bronze”. However, your resume or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the “gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. For more information on Category Rating, please go to Category Rating.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques in order to measure effectiveness and efficiency and productivity of assigned programs and processes.
- Skill in applying analytical and evaluate methods and techniques in order to develop new procedures and approaches to identify and resolve unique problems.
- Ability to conduct studies in order to assess and subsequently refine the productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of program operations and organizational efficiency, including management and administrative processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to provide management with recommendations either orally or in writing.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No