FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
?For entry at the GS-05 level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade GS-04 within the federal service as a or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-04 if outside the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience in gathering data to help create cost analysis and budget formulation.
Substitution of Education for Experience for the GS-05 Level: Four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. You must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
At the GS-07 level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade GS-05 within the federal service as a or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-05 if outside the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as: Experience in assisting with cost analysis and budget formulation.
Substitution of Education for Experience for the GS-07 Level: One full year of graduate level education or Superior Academic Achievement (http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp) may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. If you are using education to substitute for the specialized experience, you must submit transcripts at the time you apply. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html).
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Moving costs MAY be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- This position is NOT covered by a bargaining unit.
- This position is Non-Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Additional Vacancies: We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Travel requirement is Occasional 1-24%.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
Reemployed Annuitant: does not meet the criteria. This vacancy does not meet the criteria identified in DoDI 1400.25 VOLUME 300, Section 3 for the appointment of annuitants. Veterans preference eligibles receive consideration regardless of their annuitant status.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Educational Experience (ACWA)
- Mathematical Skills (ACWA)
- Rating (ACWA)
- Social Organizations (ACWA)
- Work Experience (ACWA)
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10322107 Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No