Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To apply for a Pathways Internship position, candidates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Be currently enrolled on at least a half-time basis (determined by the particular school or university) in an accredited college, university, technical, or vocational school.
- Have a good academic standing, maintaining a G.P.A of 2.5 or higher.
GS-04 - Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an Associate's degree
GS-05 - Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a Bachelor's degree
GS-07 - Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a bachelor's degree.
****NOTE: One year of full-time undergraduate study is defined as 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours*****
Superior Academic Achievement Provisions include the below:
A Bachelor's degree in any field, plus at least one of the following superior academic achievement provisions:
- A grade-point average (GPA) of B (3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for all completed undergraduate courses, or courses completed in the last two years of undergraduate curriculum; or
- A grade-point average (GPA) of B+ (3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for the required courses in your major field of study, or required courses in your major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study; or
- Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study; or
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society, other than freshman honor societies. Honor societies that have been approved are listed in the American College of Honor Societies. Booklet of Information (1992-95) and/or Baird's Manual of American College Fraternities (1991).
****NOTE: You must submit proof of your education at the time of application in order to receive consideration.*****
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- Applicants claiming veteran's preference MUST clearly show entitlement to such preference on resume and supplemental data submitted.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement will result in an ineligible rating and will impact your referral.
- You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation.
At the time of application you must be enrolled in an accredited university for a minimum of half-time and remain in that status for the duration of the internship. Your application will be considered incomplete if proof of current enrollment is not submitted i.e., class schedule, letter of enrollment, pre-registration schedule/transcript(s), or receipt for tuition.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Veterans: All veterans must meet the qualification requirements of the position for further consideration. For more information on veterans' preference, please click here.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 , you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Ethical Standards/Financial Disclosure:
EXIM is committed to the highest ethical standards. As an employee, you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. You will be required to complete new employee ethics training within 3 months of your appointment.
If this position is subject to financial disclosure requirements (either public or confidential depending upon your position), you will be required to complete a new entrant financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a careful evaluation of your resume and supporting documentation will be made, and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the job qualifications; and to the extent to which your application shows that you possess the competencies associated with this position. If, after evaluating your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your category may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
The Category Rating method will be used to evaluate applicants. All qualified applicants will be assigned to one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies.
- Well Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies.
- Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies to a substantive degree.
Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAJobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No