Attorney-Advisor (General Counsel)
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Approximately 10% of the time for training and conferences
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must be a member in good standing of the bar of a state or territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Specialized Experience. Qualified applicants will generally have at least 10 years of progressively responsible legal experience in federal financial regulation or insurance, banking, financial services or other relevant industry/specialty areas, culminating in at least one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level in the federal service
To qualify for the VH-42 (Senior Executive equivalent) grade level, you must have specialized experience equivalent to the VH-41 (GS-15) grade level. Qualifying specialized experience includes:
- Providing legal services to a federal financial regulatory or insurance entity, banking or financial organization;
- Developing legal strategies for a federal financial regulatory or insurance entity, banking or financial organization;
- Developing and drafting position papers that require critical analysis of key legal issues;
- Developing and maintaining productive professional relationships with leaders and stakeholders at the highest level of your organization through exceptional communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills;
- Executive level experience formulating organizational goals, developing policies, procedures and program plans to support organizational goals and mission.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has positive education requirement as part of the Basic Qualification Requirements. If you are selected for this position, you will be required to submit copies of your transcript(s) prior to entry on duty in this position. Transcripts must include: your name, the name of the educational institution, course titles, number of semester/quarter hours, grade(s) earned and degree(s) awarded. Educational institutions must be accredited by one of the accrediting agencies or associations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FCSIC is an independent U.S. Government-controlled corporation. FCSIC's primary purpose is to insure the timely payment of principal and interest on insured debt obligations issued on behalf of System banks. The System is a nationwide Government-sponsored enterprise of privately owned banks and affiliated associations that serve agricultural borrowers and rural communities. The System banks issue insured debt securities to finance the System's loans, leases and operations. By protecting investors who purchase the insured debt, FCSIC helps to maintain a dependable source of funds for the farmers, ranchers, and other borrowers of the System.
All FCSIC employees are subject to the conflict of interest laws and Standards of Ethical Conduct imposed upon all employees of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government and may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Report.
FCSIC's supplemental ethics regulations restrict certain FCSIC employees concerning their direct or indirect interests in, or connections with, Farm Credit System institutions. These rules also require all employees to obtain approval for outside employment or business activities. Please contact the HR Division for additional information on these rules.
FCSIC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if openings in the same series and grade occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You must meet all qualification requirements and submit all required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. If you are found to be among the most highly qualified candidates, your application will be forwarded for further consideration and possible interview.
Your resume serves as the basis for the determination of your qualifications and should highlight relevant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this position. Your resume must include the following information:
- Paid and non-paid work experience including your position title, start and end dates (month/year) of employment, average number of hours worked per week and salary;
- Position series and grade for federal positions;
- Indication of the knowledge, skills and education you have that are pertinent to this position;
- Specific duties you have performed as a regular part of your job with indications of the level of responsibility and complexity of work;
- Names and contact information for your current and/or previous supervisor(s).
This is an excepted service position, and not covered by the usual civil service hiring procedures. There is no numerical rating system through which to apply veterans preference. However, FCSIC favorably considers veterans preference eligibility in hiring. If you are eligible for veterans preference, please include that information in your cover letter or resume, and attach supporting documentation (e.g. form DD214 and other substantiating documents) with your application. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No