Nurse (Sr Clinical Research Nurse)
6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
EDUCATION: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Nursing School: Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
LICENSURE: For all grade levels and positions, applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, they must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS -11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: Utilizing advanced critical thinking and nursing skills to assess, plan, perform, and evaluate nursing care for patients in biomedical research protocols; providing direct patient care to patients within their program of care; supporting biomedical research through detailed observation, measurement, and accurate data collection related to as defined by assessment or protocol specifications; accurately documenting observations, identifying trends and important findings, and effectively communicating this information to the multidisciplinary research team; providing feedback to colleagues and investigators on all issues affecting the quality of the research endeavor, and assisting less-experienced nurses in learning the specifics of studies or protocols; contributing to multidisciplinary conferences and activities regarding research participant care and protocol implementation; resolving clinical and operational issues in collaboration with supervisor, and demonstrating decisions and actions that support the organization and research mission.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10323071
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
The Senior Clinical Research Nurse (Sr. CRN) - Safety and Quality Nurse reports directly to a Nurse Manager for a unit or clinic within the specialty area with an assignment as the senior clinical expert for a designated patient population/program of care.
The Senior Clinical Research Nurse (Sr. CRN) - Clinical Educator reports directly to a Nurse Manager for a unit or clinic within a specialty area with an assignment as the clinical educator for a designated patient population/program of care.
The Senior Clinical Research Nurse (Sr. CRN) reports directly to a Nurse Manager for a unit or clinic within the specialty area with an assignment as the senior clinical expert for a designated patient population/program of care.
For Specific unit descriptions please follow the link below:
This career opportunity is available in the following clinical areas:
- Oncology and Critical Care
- Medical Surgical Specialties
- Neuroscience, Behavioral Health and Pediatrics
- Nursing Operations
- This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. You will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified applicants will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management direct hire guidelines. Veterans' Preference does not apply to the direct hire recruitment procedures.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.