Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- The Agency WILL NOT pay housing and relocation expenses.
- Please Note: Fall 2018 graduates who have not been accepted into another academic program WILL NOT be able to complete the requirements of the Pathways Internship Program, and are ineligible to apply.
- Salary Information: First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lowest rate of the salary range for the grade selected.
- If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to entrance on duty. Proof of enrollment or acceptance for the upcoming academic term or semester will also be required unless graduating in the current semester.
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) and proof of current enrollment must be included with our application. See the "Required Documents" section for more information.
- A Pathways Participant Agreement will be required if you are selected for a position. The agreement must be signed by all applicable parties prior to entrance on duty.
- Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully completed adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
- Schedule will be determined when student is selected: Hours of work will be between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- This Internship confers eligibility for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position in the competitive service contingent upon meeting all applicable Internship Program requirements and the needs of the agency. You will be considered for conversion to a permanent or term position upon the successful completion of your Internship. The target position is a Management Analyst, GS-343-7/9/11/12 position. However, please note that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee the agency will opt for conversion.
ELIGIBILITY: Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program.
IN ADDITION to meeting eligibility requirements, you MUST meet the below qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below.
GS-7: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education (18 semester hours, 27 quarter hours or equivalent) or eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement provision; to qualify based on superior academic achievement you must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND must meet certain GPA requirements. For more details click: Superior Academic Achievement
Communications, English, or a related area of study are preferred fields of education.
IF YOU ARE IN YOUR LAST SEMESTER/QUARTER of completing your degree/certificate program, you must show proof of acceptance to a continuing degree/certificate program. This may be documented by an acceptance letter for future enrollment to a degree/certificate program. If you do not provide proof of continuing education, you will be disqualified from further consideration.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS 'E-VERIFY' system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://aphis.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=FC91216F-CC2A-484E-BFE2-A95F00E5D810 Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No