PHYSICAL SECURITY SPEC
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Applying the principles, concepts and methodologies of anti-terrorism; physical, information, operational, personnel and industrial security to include a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of governing directives, (i.e. public law, Executive Orders, and DoD and military service directives governing all programs administration to ensure conformance), within established guidelines;
- Carrying out technical acumen regarding security principles in research facility operational approaches and methodologies, (i.e. to make final determinations of clearances, sensitivity of classifications; to analyze and review classified documents, make proper classification and downgrading/declassification; to provide for destruction of classified materials and devise safeguards for prevention against unauthorized disclosure of classified data to assist in the protection of critical assets and the safety of personnel):
- Utilizing ADP technology (Automatic/Automated Data Processing/Processor), techniques, and equipment characteristics to aid/assist with validating all persons who handle classified information, (i.e. verifying all personnel with classified access execute a Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement (SF 312) prior to granting initial access; ability to ensure those that had access to classified information are properly de-briefed and have completed a Security Termination Statement);
- Implementing technical review of AT (Anti-terrorism) systems designs, specifications and vulnerability analysis, security inspections; manage AT program, plans, and directives; and
- Conducting AT (Antiterrorism)/Security training and briefs, provide guidance on the application and implementation of policies and procedures, provide assistances to all levels of management, and to prepare command regulations in order to coordinate host installation AT/Security requirements.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0000/security-administration-series-0080/
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
Ideal Candidate should have:
- Knowledge of security regulations and directives issued by he Department of Defense, Military Services, Executive Orders, Congressional laws, and Federal Acquisition regulations.
- Knowledge of Foreign travel, personnel, physical, information, AT/FP and OPSEC security concepts, principles, and practices to collaborate with those specialists and produce converged policies and recommendations.
- Ability to serve as Command Security Manager/Program Manger daily duties.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission in order to plan and organize work; meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing to include preparing/presenting briefing/reports and to work effectively with team members.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the well qualified category or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/ Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- ORAL COMMUNICATION
- PERSONNEL SECURITY
- PHYSICAL SECURITY
- SECURITY EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND AWARENESS
- SECURITY PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
You will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified - Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Well Qualified -Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes