IT Project Manager
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $103,759.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have
IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service as described below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant investigates and evaluates “state of the art” technology of the industry.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant persuades others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendations, changes, or alternative viewpoints.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies and accommodates technology and resource constraints.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Specialized experience is defined as experience providing IT project management, client advocate, and/or principal liaison to organizations; leading and directing IT projects in a senior level management office; leading matrixed teams implementing cloud and emerging technology solutions and initiatives, including the identification, introduction and maturing of innovative technologies and best practice processes; lead legacy IT systems towards transition, modernization and transformation using Agile development methodologies and serving as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach; and providing advise and guidance in emerging technologies and processes to include Cloud and Mobile solution, Identity and Access Management, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, DevOps and Scaled Agile.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area, as needed; through other means; or not at all.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #19222001FMMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
This is NOT a virtual position. The selectee will be expected to report to a GSA Regional office/Central Office location listed below:
- New England Region - Thomas P. O'Neill Jr. Federal Building, 10 Causeway Street, Boston, Massachusetts
- Northeast Caribbean Region - One Wold Trade Center, 55th Floor, New York, New York
- Mid-Atlantic Region - 100 Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Southeast Region - Martin Luther King, JR Federal Building, 77 Forsyth Street, Atlanta Georgia
- Great Lakes Region - 230 S. Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois
- Heartland Region - 2300 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri
- Greater Southwest Region - Fritz Lanham Federal Building, 819 Taylor Street, Fort Worth, Texas
- Rocky Mountain Region - Denver Federal Building, West 6th Avenue & Kipling Street, Lakewood, Colorado
- Pacific Rim Region - 50 United Nations Plaza Federal Buildiing, San Francisco, California
- Northwest/Arctic Region - Auburn Regional Office, 400 15th Street, SW, Auburn, Washington
- National Capital Region - 301 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC
- Central Office - 1800 F Street, NW, Washington, DC
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Ability to understand business/mission needs and develop/recommend complex IT solutions
1a. Ability to advise and liason to senior and executive officials and/or equivelent1b. Skill in leveraging innovative thinking and creative problem solving
Ability to develop IT strategy and strategic plans
2a. Ability to execute against strategic plans
2b. Skill in using integrated methedologies such as DevSecOps
2c. Skill in continously delivering business value
- Ability to represent agency
3a. Ability to resolve complex and controversial issues
3b. Ability to remain current on best practices and emerging technology, and to apply that knowledge to resolving business issues
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No