Chemist (Program Director)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Chemistry or a closely related field plus after award of the Ph.D., six or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the position.
The position requires demonstrated experience in chemistry, specifically related to the chemistry life processes. Prior grant management experience is a positive.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of current research in chemistry, specifically related to the chemistry of life processes.
- Serves as a liaison to scientific community on behalf of NSF and as the chemical community's representative to the Federal government.
- Communicates with members of the scientific community about what they envision as opportunities for the future- identifying new directions and trends in the field and writing with colleagues to help push the vision forward and shape the interface of the chemical and biological sciences. Experience in writing solicitations and crafting management plans is strongly encouraged.
- Selects top researchers and experts for the peer review process and manages proposal review at all junctions, including conducting fair and objective reviews and ensuring compliance with NSF regulations and procedures.
- Makes funding decisions and recommend awards to the most worthy proposals, ensuring that those funded reflect a diverse range of scientific opportunities and strong broader impacts (e.g., advancing discovery and understanding; promoting teaching, training, and learning; broadening participation of underrepresented groups; enhancing infrastructure for research and education). Experience making awards to and managing larger collaborative or center structures is also desired.
- Participate in coordination groups, special working groups, conferences, and other joint initiatives to collaborate with peers and experts across disciplines, Federal and state agencies and/or private sector organizations.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No