Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interest of the government.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Physical Therapist:
Degree: A graduate (or higher level) degree that included a physical therapy curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or a professional accrediting organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained, and completion of the clinical requirements prescribed by the school. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physical Therapist from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States; and must have passed the National Physical Therapy Examination administered by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT). (Note: You must attach a copy of your license.)
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Experience: A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant which includes working in an inpatient and outpatient physical therapy clinic setting, conducting physical therapy patient evaluations; developing therapeutic treatment plans for orthopedic patients; coordinating patient care with relevant medical professionals, patients, and family-members; and providing patient/family education on the patients diagnosis/condition and the related physical therapy processes. This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.