Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A combination of experience and education which includes courses comparable to a major in a biological science, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to this position, AND appropriate experience or additional education which demonstrates similarly appropriate skills or abilities needed to perform the duties of this position.
In addition to meeting the educational requirement, you qualify at the GS-15 level, if you meet the following qualification requirement: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: Planning, organizing, directing, developing, establishing criteria, and coordinating a broad range of biological research; Creating and maintaining a mentoring and development program for trainees and staff; Providing technical advice and consultation in both formal and informal settings; Developing periodic progress reports and evaluation materials, including the preparation of analysis and evaluation reports related to strategic scientific priorities.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10309306
NIMH's ideal candidate will have experience supporting a research program focused on the neurobiology of cognition and affective neuroscience with a specific focus on neural circuits, synaptic structure and function of neuregulin signaling and, neuronal acetylcholine receptor modulation, in addition to experience with murine models of disease processes.
NEI's ideal candidate should demonstrate expertise in gene therapy - adeno-associated virus design and production in particular, experience with preclinical animal studies, scientific project leadership and training.
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- A one-year supervisory trial/probationary period may be required upon selection/ placement.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer telework.
- A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for prior work experience or active duty uniformed service that otherwise would not be creditable for the purpose of determining his or her annual leave accrual rate. All creditable service must be directly related to the duties of the position being filled and decisions to allow for such credit must be finalized prior to the selectee's entrance on duty. Recipients will be determined on a case-by-case basis based on organizational need, specific case justification, and budget limitations.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE Form 450 to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This information is required annually. For information, visit the NIH Ethics website: https://ethics.od.nih.gov/topics/fd.htm.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No