Child Development Program Technician
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
I have a High School Diploma or equivalent
I have three months of general experience
I have completed one (1) academic year of post high study
I have six months of general experience
I have one year of general experience
I have two years above high school
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-04 such as knowledge of previous, general experience in child care activity programs, and demonstrate proficiency in applying this experience.
I have four (4) years above of high school
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-05 such as knowledge of an extensive body of child development program rules and procedures requiring extended training and experience to plan and perform a wide variety of interrelated child care assignments and resolve a wide range of problems.
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-06 such as knowledge of an extensive body of child development program rules and procedures requiring extended training and experience to plan and perform a wide variety of interrelated child care assignments and resolve a wide range of problems.
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-07 such as knowledge of the operational and organizational structure of the school, both formal and informal.
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-07 such as in-depth knowledge of training methods, policies, procedures, rules, directives, and instructions.
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-09 such knowledge of training squadron regulations, policies, instructions, procedures and operations.
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-09 such as knowledge of the principles, concepts, and methodology of a professional or administrative occupation that has been either (a) supplemental by skill gained through job experience to permit independent performance of recurring assignments, or (b) supplemental by expanded professional or administrative knowledge gained through relevant education or experience, that has provided skill in carrying out assignments, operations, and procedures that are significantly more difficult and complex.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA)
1. Knowledge of child development regulations, procedures, processes and practices.
2. Knowledge of health, safety, and sanitation regulations and procedures for working with young children.
3. Ability to develop creative and innovative activity plans and special program plans and manage a classroom of young children.
4. Ability to carry out plans and activities to enhance the development of children and adjust work operations due to changes in program or plans.
5. Skills in communicating effectively both orally and in writing using tact and courtesy.
6. Skill to lead others in work assignments.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive Drug test required No