Lab Manager (Nursing)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleLab Manager (Nursing)
Job Description SummaryPosting Updated. This position will be posted until filled.
Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, has a need for a full-time Lab Manager, #S03563, in the Health Sciences Department. This is a non-bargaining, exempt position. The work schedule is 10:00 am-6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Supervises various levels of staff to include, prioritizing, and assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, training staff, hiring, terminating, and recommending disciplinary actions. Manages all aspects of the daily operations of a laboratory, providing technical assistance and participating in the maintenance of facility equipment. Plans, designs, coordinates, and recommends facility changes and equipment needs. Researches new products and technology, communicating with vendors and making recommendations for purchases. Evaluates operations and activities for effectiveness and prepares various narrative and statistical reports related to assigned areas of responsibility. Prepares and administers the laboratory budget. Manages aspects of safety of staff, students, and equipment to ensure applicable rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and practices are followed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervises various levels of staff.
- Networks with regional and national organizations to improve the quality of lab instruction at MC.
- Collaborates with faculty to ensure lab is meeting student learning needs.
- Maximizes use and function of all labs.
- Provides student learning opportunities is the lab consistent with the curriculum and maintaining a safe level of supervision.
- Assists faculty in implementing lab-based instruction (including simulation).
- Provides inventory control, including planning for future needs, ordering equipment and supplies, and monitoring maintenance needs of all equipment.
- Bachelor of Science degree relevant to subject matter assignment.
- A combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field.
- Registered nurse and CPR for Nursing discipline.
- A minimum of three years applicable experience.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Master's of Science degree in Nursing.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
List three professional references
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.