Interior Design Full-time Faculty
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleInterior Design Full-time Faculty
Job Description SummaryTitle: Interior Design Full-time Faculty
Position #: F02238
Location: Rockville, MD
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has a need for a full-time, Interior Design faculty member to start in January 2019 for the spring 2019 semester. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
The individual selected for this position will also serve in a leadership role as the Interior Design Program Coordinator. The coordinator will teach a reduced schedule to allow for interaction with the local interior design industry and the development of strong relationships and expanded training programs. This position is part of a collective bargaining unit
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The faculty member will be responsible for teaching various Interior Design classes which include a lecture and lab component
- The faculty member will coordinate the Interior Design discipline at the campus under the leadership of the Department Chair and will work collaboratively with the interior design faculty
- Faculty members are assigned a workload consisting of a standard minimum of thirty (30) equivalent semester hours per academic year
- A teaching schedule may include day or evening classes
- Faculty members are expected to serve on department, campus, and College-wide committees, advise students, maintain an active program of professional development, and participate in professional organizations and activities
- Faculty members are expected to participate in club sponsorship and/or field trips.
Program Coordinator duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the leader and representative for the Interior Design program
- Develop strong partnerships with the local interior design/ interior design related industry
- Coordinate the creation of the credit and non-credit class schedules each semester
- Represent the Interior Design program outside the college at Interior Design industry events and meetings, career and education fairs, and public school activities
- Serve as Interior Design program representative and ensure compliance with all standards and requirements to maintain accreditation for National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA)
- Serve as student advisor
- Schedule and lead Interior Design program meetings
- A Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design
- Candidates must have a strong knowledge of the interior design industry, particularly as it relates to the Washington Metro area
- Candidates must be prepared to perform a significant role in program advising, community involvement/program promotion and industry outreach efforts
- Candidates must be qualified to teach
- Evidence of a teaching experience or work experience in the field
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom-related computer software into course delivery
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- A Master's Degree in Interior Design
- College level teaching experience
- Candidates should have 5 years or more of Interior Design industry experience
- Experience leading academic initiatives
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Strong computer skills in industry-related software such as: AutoCAD, Photoshop, Google Sketchup, are preferred
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by November 2, 2019.
For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateFriday, November 2, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.