A busy Gynecology/Oncology practice is seeking an experienced and very motivated individual who can support multiple providers with surgical scheduling. Responsibilities include:
- Answer scheduling phone line
- Verify insurance eligibility for the patient
- Obtain authorization for the surgery from the insurance company
- Schedule the patient’s surgery at the designated facility
- Coordinate appropriate anesthesiologist and surgical assistant
- Fax information to the hospital or surgery center as needed
- Schedule pre-op appointment when required and first pre-op appointment
- Cancel and reschedule patients as needed
- Track down pre-op results and fax pre-op results
- Confirm weekly schedules with posting
- Help patients arrange any clearance appointments if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of surgical scheduling required.
- 2 years' experience with and corresponding knowledge of insurance eligibility and authorization is preferred.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills is required
- Ability to effectively communicate using verbal and written skills is required.
- Excellent organization, ability to problem solve, and accuracy when managing the details of this position is required
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, manager and physicians to find solutions to issues that arise especially at the last minute.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Julie Segor