Manager/Senior Manager, Reference Standards Technical Operations (1212-679)
6 days left
- Full Time
This is a hands-on supervisory position in the Reference Standards Technical Operations (RSTO) department. The incumbent in this role will lead a team of scientists, resolve technical issues, ensure all processes and procedures are followed and assist in developing more efficient processes to ensure a high-throughput of high quality Reference Standards to support USP’s Mission and core business.Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides scientific and professional leadership to staff. Ensures team work and collaboration within the team as well as with other key USP staff. Holds employees accountable for results.
- Performs technical and quality reviews of the test protocols and Reference Standards Candidate Evaluation Packages (RSCEPs) in accordance with established SOPs, Operation Manuals, and training documents.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to improve procedures with respect to quality, efficiency, and compliance both within the RSTO department and the GLO division.
- Proactively involved in identifying solutions to technical problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field and 9 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in Chemistry or a related scientific field and 7 years of relevant experience or a Ph.D. in science and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or a related scientific field and 15 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in Chemistry or a related scientific field and 12 years of relevant experience or a Ph.D. in science and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Skills to increase the knowledge, abilities and contributions of staff.
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of issues related to the evaluation of purity and content of reference standards.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to influence without direct authority.
Yes, this position has a minimum of four direct reports:
Reference Standard Scientist III and IV
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular