Administrative and Office Specialist III
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $40,000-$42,000
Web Announcement :
Office Manager, Student Involvement
The George Mason University Office of Student Involvement, a department within the Division of University Life, invites enthusiastic and energetic applicants to fill the position of Office Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Student Involvement provides direct advisement, support and leadership development to student government, fraternities and sororities, registered student organizations, SI Films, Well-Being Team, TEDx GeorgeMasonU, and the Patriot Activities Council; along with providing major event programming to the campus, including Welcome Week, Homecoming, concerts, comedy shows and Mason Day.
Our Mission: We help students GetConnected to Mason Nation through campus-wide events, student organizations, trainings, student advocacy and personal interactions to bring ideas to fruition, create a sense of belonging, and prepare students for success in their future.
Responsibilities: Supervises front desk staff (Team SI), consisting of seven to 10 Federal Work-Study (FWS) employees during the academic year.
- Interviews, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of Team SI staff;
- Creates a weekly work schedule, which provides front desk coverage during operating hours;
- Tracks Team SIâ€™s hours to ensure individual employees do not exceed their FWS award allocations;
- Approve Team SIâ€™s biweekly timesheets;
- Prioritizes and assigns clerical and administrative tasks and projects to Team SI;
- Works with Night Managers to ensure late night events have appropriate staffing and support;
- Collaborates with various department staff to provide leadership training and development to Team SI; and
- Provides backup support and fills in for Team SI staff in their absence. Manages all office operations and procedures in support of a safe and productive work environment. This includes monitoring office activities and equipment and providing administrative support to co-workers.
- Manages office access, including key and card swipe requests;
- Maintains office equipment (such as printers, computers, copiers, golf carts, etc.) in good working condition;
- Keeps an inventory of all office equipment and supplies;
- Submits and tracks all telecommunication, technology and facilities work order requests;
- Orders supplies for the office and co-workers;
- Facilitates office moves, renovations and upgrades, including furnishings;
- Regularly updates office databases, staff contact lists, and office procedures and/or manuals;
- Manages the sign-out process for event and office equipment, including iPads, laptops, projection screens, etc., and the space reservation of conference room(s);
- Schedules office meetings and maintains office calendar for the Executive Director;
- Prepares routine correspondence;
- Assists with making travel arrangements for staff and/or interview candidates;
- Acts as point of contact for department candidate searches and assists with coordinating search activities;
- Monitors the use of common areas (such as the Imagination Station, Resource Room, supply rooms, etc.);
- Ensure all mail is properly sorted and distributed to the appropriate staff/student organization
- Provides a clean and safe work environment free of clutter and debris; and
- Consults with Executive Director and Associate Directors as needed to plan adequate support of office projects. Oversees ticket sales, sold directly out of the SI office, for major events and activities.
- Coordinate with staff when ticket sales for events will be taking place within the office;
- Properly train Team SI staff in cash-handling processes and procedures;
- Create a spreadsheet to track ticket sales information (including customer name, G number, net ID, row/seat number, and cost);
- Maintain the Mason Money card swipe readers in good working order and contact the Mason Card office when repairs are needed;
- Issue receipts when requested;
- Work with Business Manager and the Cashierâ€™s Office to deposit monthly ticket sale money into appropriate accounts; and
- Provide ticket counts when requested. Greets and provides information, assistance and referrals to visitors/callers, including students, staff, faculty, family members, and the Mason community. Apprises visitors/callers of appropriate institutional policies, procedures, programs, services and resources. Follows policies and procedures with regard to confidential and/or sensitive information. Maintains an atmosphere where visitors feel welcomed.
- Visitors receive accurate information in a courteous and professional manner;
- Difficult conversations/situations involving callers or visitors are managed professionally and referred to others when assistance is needed;
- Policies and procedures are followed when responding to requests for information and assistance; and
- Information is communicated accurately to staff and students.
Implement the weekly Whatâ€™s Poppinâ€™ in Student Involvement event.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of training and work experience;
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse array of stakeholders in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
- Demonstrated experience as a supervisor who develops a positive work environment;
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite, Internet and e-mail;
- Ability to multitask, to take initiative, and follow-through on tasks;
- Detail-oriented; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working on a college campus; and
- Experience supervising college students.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants may apply for position number 09643z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by October 19, 2018 ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :