Strategic Sourcing Specialist (1208-679)
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is a key member of USP’s Procurement organization and will report directly to the Strategic Sourcing Manager. This position is charged with driving compelling results and value to USP through strategic procurement activities. The role will work closely with senior business leaders to develop category strategies, influence sourcing decisions, vendor consolidation and secure cost savings through negotiations.
Additionally, the Strategic Sourcing Specialist will bring procurement resources, tools, methodologies and judgment to business units to effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing. This involves managing major supplier relationships in an effort to ensure that USP captures appropriate value for the organization, meets acceptable corporate risk profiles, and monitors supplier performance through reporting and business reviews.Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts spend analytics; uses data to influence change with stakeholders and builds strong ROI cases. Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to challenge the status quo, including creating and comprehending numerical analysis and optimization strategies.
- Performs market research; Conduct external research to analyze market opportunities, risks, trends, etc., associated with assigned categories; model, monitor, and report trends in underlying cost drivers
- Develops category expertise to fully understand supply market, appropriate sourcing strategies and typical savings levers for a category of spend
- Executes sourcing events; Create bid package and coordinate the bid (RFI, RFQ, RFP) process including, pre-bid/proposal meetings, walk-throughs, bid openings, bid tabulation and bid reviews in an ethical way that reflects USP’s Core Values
- Conducts total cost modeling and scenario analysis to help stakeholders understand trade-offs and benefits to various outcomes
- Helps identify targets and leverage to support negotiations efforts
- Adheres to sourcing project plans. Proactively communicates with business units with respect to timelines and project duration.
- Ability to operate independently, bringing self-prioritization of workload, clear thinking and reasoning in the decision making process.
- Leads pricing and contract terms negotiations, including cradle-to-grave contract review to execution, driving commercial negotiations and ensuring all other groups included in the negotiations are working towards the same execution timeline.
- Develops scorecards and monitors performance of suppliers on a regular basis, develop action plans where necessary for areas needing improvement and follow through to ensure supplier specific results occur
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in procurement, sourcing, contract management, supply chain, supplier management or strategic/managerial consulting
- Experience in a sourcing, contracting, category management or a supplier management role.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting data-driven efforts and managing communications with suppliers, as well as a diverse set of internal stakeholders.
- Prior understanding and application of sourcing policies, procedures, and supply strategies.
- Relevant experience in an IT industry or IT category or sourcing portfolio management is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing and contract execution.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Solid organizational skills, including a proven ability to collaborate across the organization to ensure objectives are met.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Capable of sharing critical information, with particular strength in explaining complex concepts and coaching individuals through commercial decision-making.
- Excels in managing deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
- Comfortable challenging conventional thinking and existing processes.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite– specifically able to leverage advanced functions of Excel for analytics and ad-hoc reporting, as well as develop effective PowerPoint presentation content as required
NoneJob Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular