Research Specialist Position – Job Announcement
The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) is seeking a Research Specialist to conduct thorough research and data collection related to firefighter and EMS fatalities within our Fire Service Programs Department. The individual will be responsible for: locating, identifying, compiling, cataloging, and providing information that assists the NFFF with fulfilling its Congressional mandate to honor the nation’s fallen firefighters; conducting outreach awareness to the EMS community, and linking NFFF resources to the families of fallen EMS providers. This is a dynamic position that interacts with multiple divisions in the organization, as well as an affiliate organization, the First Responder Center of Excellence for Reducing Line of Duty Deaths and Injuries (FRCE).
The ideal candidate for this position should possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A keen sense of detail orientation
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- The ability to self-motivate as well as collaborate in a high functioning team environment
- A high degree of compassion, integrity and confidentiality in dealing with grieving families and sensitive family information.
The Research Specialist Position is a full-time, grant funded position working out of the NFFF’s Crofton office.
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required, with preference given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or any research related field.
- A minimum 3 years work experience in non-profit organization(s) is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook software is required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud) and/or CVent is preferred.
- The successful applicant must possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license and successfully complete a federal background check.
A letter of interest in the position, explaining why you believe you are the best candidate for the position and an accompanying resumé can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumés will be evaluated the last week of October. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Apply for Research Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly