Assistant Director, Alumni Professional Networks and Engagement
The Institutional Advancement Division at UMBC is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Director, Alumni Professional Networks and Engagement. Reporting to the associate director of alumni engagement, the assistant director of alumni professional networks and engagement will be an essential member of UMBC's dynamic alumni and development team, dedicated to fostering strong ties between the University and it's 77,000+ alumni. Specific duties include:
- Provide leadership and management for the Office of Institutional Advancement professional alumni engagement efforts;
- Develop innovative programs that support strategic goals;
- Design and implement programs for UMBC alumni from all undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Develop a robust alumni network enabling alumni to connect with current students, with other alumni by industry, and with employer-partners;
- Implement career networking opportunities, professional industry affinity groups;
- Work with the corporate and foundation relations team to develop engagement plans with employers who have high concentrations of UMBC graduates;
- Work with career center staff to develop opportunities for alumni to support student career development and access resources and services for their own career development;
- Curate and co/manage UMBC alumni association professional and regional groups on social media platforms such as LinkedIn;
- Stay abreast of industry best practices;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires bachelor's degree (master’s preferred) plus two years of alumni
relations, development, corporate relations, student affairs, student services, career services, human resources and/or recruiting in a higher education or similarly complex organization.
The candidate must have: excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills; experience with social media platforms with a preference for using/administering groups or pages in LinkedIn; creative program planning abilities; the ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals and the ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines and changing priorities. Must be a quick-learner, self-starter, and have the ability to adapt to a fast paced, multi-faceted and dynamic organization. The candidate should be extremely comfortable with professional, respectful, and inclusive execution of duties.
This position will require occasional evening and weekend hours for alumni meetings and events.
This is a full-time staff position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and compensation includes full university benefits.
For best consideration, submit application materials by October 22, 2018 (resumes will be accepted until the position is filled).
For best consideration, submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements , resume, and the contact information for three professional references. (resumes will be accepted until the position is filled) at: