Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a recent graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an Entry-Level Transportation Engineer to join our Transportation Group in our Fairfax, VA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
The individual will work as part of a team in all facets of transportation engineering including design of horizontal and vertical alignments, drainage systems, erosion and sediment control, development of maintenance and protection of traffic schemes, and preparation of construction and right-of-way acquisition plans for a variety of project types and clients.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (with emphasis in Transportation)
- 3-5 years of experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency using MicroStation required; Geopak and OpenRoads experience preferred
- Experience working on VDOT plans in design-bid-build or design-build delivery preferred
- Working knowledge of VDOT standards preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred