PLANNING TECHNICIAN (INTERIOR DESIGN)
6 days left
- Full Time
NOTE: This is a full-time, limited duration position expected to last for approximately 2 years. Employee is eligible for benefits including leave and health insurance.
Arlington County's Department of Environmental Services (DES) is seeking a Planning Technician to coordinate and manage County-wide service tickets for furniture orders, work station accessories, lock repairs, key requests, and minor furniture repairs, reconfigurations, and replacements. This technician works closely with DES Space Planners in scheduling furniture installations, moving services, and ordering deliveries to complete interior service projects.
Specific duties include:
- Processing invoices for furniture installations;
- Ensuring furniture warranty repairs are conducted and completed;
- Scheduling small reconfigurations and taking small furniture orders such as chairs and sit/stand desks;
- Creating and maintaining electronic files of existing building layouts and furniture arrangements using AutoCAD drafting software, and creating furniture specifications for workspaces using Worksheet 2020;
- Preparing project scope and execution plans for interior service projects, including plans and installation drawings for workstations and supporting spaces (i.e. storage rooms, copy rooms, etc);
- Communicating and collaborating with internal customers such as County staff to define and discuss space requirements;
- Planning and coordinating the installation of furniture including maintaining the daily schedule of furniture installers and movers, and maintaining contact with County staff, maintenance, and outside contractors throughout the entirety of the process until completion;
- Performing inspections during the installation of furniture to ensure installation aligns with the design; and
- Ensuring workstation and furniture arrangement reconfigurations are compliant with County standards and safety requirements.
Minimum: Associate's degree in Interior Design or a related field plus experience in commercial interior design.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis. A Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or a related field may substitute for up to one (1) year of experience.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Using AutoCAD to create workspace layouts;
- Designing system furniture setup and/or or coordinating installations;
- Creating design specifications for workspace furniture using 2020 Worksheet or similar software; and/or
- Coordinating office moves.
Applicant must possess, or obtain by time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence, or be willing to use alternative means of transportation. The applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon favorable review of the applicants driving record.Additional Information
This is a limited term, full time position with sick and vacation leave benefits with an anticipated duration of approximately two years.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with flexibility per supervisor approval, discussed upon hire.
Please complete each section of the application. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.