OPERATIONS RESOURCE MANAGER
Arlington Economic Development (AED), a premier organization in the Washington, DC region is hiring an Operations Resource Manager to provide quality management, monitoring, and improvement of AED's professional and administrative functions. AED is the center for all business matters in one of the most dynamic markets in the United States. To learn more about AED and our progressive urban community, please visit: https://www.arlingtoneconomicdevelopment.com/
Reporting to the AED Deputy Director, this senior level position oversees an Operations Team comprised of five staff members. The Operations Team is responsible for all of AED's administrative functions to include Human Resources (HR), Information Technology, Finance and Budget, Events Management, Business Center Marketing, Facilities and General Services.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the development and management of AED's County budget to include developing reports, dashboards, and other data visualization for executive staff and serving as a member of the County Senior Financial Managers Group;
- Serving as the AED procurement subject-matter-expert, providing guidance on purchasing processes, contract management, and assisting with developing functional requirements and scope-of-work for goods/services;
- Ensuring all HR program requirements are met, advising employees and management on the application of County personnel rules while serving as the AED Senior Liaison to the County's HR Office, and collaborating with HR staff on matters related to classification, salary, benefits, employee relations, performance appraisals, training and development;
- Overseeing AED's compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of various County Departments (e.g., County Manager's Office, Human Resources, Management and Finance, and Technology Services);
- Directing the implementation and utilization of enterprise technology systems (OnBase, NeoGov, PRISM, and other enterprise systems); and
- Supervising team members to foster professional growth and development.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Human Resources, or closely related field plus progressively responsible administration or management experience directly related to area of assignment that includes experience coordinating or supervising the work of others.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates who hold a Master's degree in management or closely related field and/or with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Providing fiduciary oversight of multiple program areas;
- Directing the implementation of new systems technologies, tools and trends, (e.g. Microsoft Office365, SharePoint);
- Developing and implementing financial guidelines, procedures, and internal controls; and/or
- Ensuring Human Resources best-practices related to performance management; organizational development and/or employee relations.
Completion of the Commonwealth of Virginia Statement of Economic Interest form will be required of the successful candidate upon hire and annually thereafter.Additional Information
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with some flexibility.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This position is part of an alternative pay program that includes career path and pay-for-performance elements. Starting pay within the band is based on a review of qualifications and experience. Pay potential will be based on performance and development.