Part-time Physics Instructor
6 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time Physics Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Physics. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach physics courses, including discussion and labs, if needed.
- Conduct assigned classes in accordance with the catalog description, the course syllabi, and the stipulations of the College.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Participate, when possible, in departmental meetings.
- Hold every scheduled class, including the final examination, the full scheduled number of minutes during the scheduled time in the scheduled location.
- Maintain standards of teaching consistent with the standards of the department and the College.
- Submit a copy of the syllabi, along with the course materials, to the department.
- Submit midterm and final grades on time.
- Return final exams to the department.
- A Master's Degree in Physics or a strongly related field.
- At least 18 semester hours of graduate-level courses in Physics or related courses.
Strong communication skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Community college teaching experience.
- Use of technology in instruction.
- Experience designing and/or setting up group laboratory experiments.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.