Publications Technical Support Assistant (1206-679)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists users in troubleshooting Oxygen installation issues; creates and modifies existing Oxygen forms and/or toolbars.
- Provides second-level support to Publishing Support Specialists in the following areas: process content for print and electronic products using documented procedures; solves MathML and CCMS issues as required.
- Creates and modifies
- Tests software as required, following USP guidelines. Versions dev/test/production software as required in USP-approved repositories such as GIT/Stash to maintain version integrity.
- Analyzes tracks, troubleshoots and repairs application problems. Escalates issues as necessary for resolution.
- Verifies the accuracy of completed work to ensure code integrity.
- Creates/acquires test data as required for development manager approval, along with test builds for software as required.
- Writes release notes as required for software releases. Writes and revises instruction documents as required
- Responsible for Chapter Dependencies script. Works with stakeholders to gather requirements and creates/edit script as needed.
- Keeps current with the latest technologies, takes lead in testing/piloting and implementing new/enhanced software
- Completes assignments with accuracy and integrity according to scheduled priorities and within established procedures.
- Assists Publications staff with hardware, software (Publications) and application related issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required.
- Minimum 1 year experience with HTML/XSLT and Python or related software, or a combination of experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML required.
- Introductory knowledge of XSLT required.
- Intermediate knowledge of
- Introductory knowledge of DTDs desired.
- Introductory knowledge of Python or related programming language required.
- Ability to troubleshoot software/hardware issues.
- Introductory knowledge of testing software on various platforms preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Publishing experience preferred.
- Individual must be self-motivated and work well in teams.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills a must.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail required.
- Proactive, results-oriented focus towards work and product deliverables.
- Must have proven ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines; well-developed time management skills.
- Ability to drive and handle all tasks with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
- Experience in multi-tasking under stress and pertinent deadlines. Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work extra hours if requested.
- Ability to take a long-term, solution-oriented approach to technical issues.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular