Fundraising & Development Specialist/Senior Fundraising & Development Specialist
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) seeks a highly motivated and high performing Fundraising & Development Specialist/Senior Specialist. This is a great opportunity for a committed team player to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. NNEDV is a social change organization dedicated to creating a social, political and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists. NNEDV advocates for law, policies and funding to address domestic violence; and it provides training, technical assistance, education, and support to state domestic violence coalitions; local domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking programs, transitional housing programs, and the general public.
This position is responsible for cultivating donor base, managing a donor database, and other development activities. The position is based in Washington, D.C., and some travel may be required.
- Maintaining prospect/donor database and files.
- Writing and creating donor solicitations in a variety of formats for a range of donor categories.
- Generating reports from donor database and other contribution platforms.
- Managing donor acknowledgement systems and drafting letters.
- Cultivating donors and maintaining donor relationships for continued and increased giving.
- Assisting in the planning and coordinating of fundraising events.
- Coordinating with staff on various communications and social media initiatives, including drafting membership newsletters.
- Assisting with other organization activities and events as needed and other duties as assigned.
A successful applicant MUST have:
- Four or more years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and development.
- At least two years of experience with individual giving initiatives in a nonprofit setting, including online giving programs.
- Commitment to the agency mission and vision.
- Excellent and compelling writing skills, including a strong grasp of English grammar, punctuation, copy editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong advocacy skills and an egalitarian, feminist, survivor-centered philosophy.
- Excellent organizing skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, manage time, evaluate progress and adjust activities to complete tasks within established time frames and produce high quality work.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a team, as part of an organization, and with other organizations and other professionals; treats all people with dignity and a respectful attitude; accepts, acts upon, and offers constructive criticism; and approaches situations with a sense of humor.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with features of MS Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and donor database software (Salsa preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a nonprofit agency in a relevant area.
- Experience working within the movement to end violence against women.
- Bilingual skills (reading, writing, and speaking) helpful. Spanish preferred.
- Video editing and other multi-media skills helpful.
- Professional experience with social media.
This position offers a flexible and collegial working environment in our new offices on Thomas Circle in downtown Washington, DC, near McPherson Square Metro.
Please combine the following documents into one PDF: (1) cover letter, (2) resume, (3) salary expectations, and (4) two brief writing samples/excerpts: one representing a fundraising appeal and one other campaign, to Emily Dahl, Development & Communications Manager, and Latifa Lyles, Vice President of External Relations, at DevJob@nnedv.org. Please note “Fundraising & Development Specialist Job” in the subject line. Applications received before October 20, 2018 will be given priority; however, the position will remain open until filled. No U.S. mail or faxes please.
Anticipated Salary Range, based on qualifications and experience:
- Specialist Range: $60,000 - $75,000
- Senior Specialist Range: $67,000 - $82,000
NNEDV pays the entire cost for each employee’s Health (HMO plan option), Dental, Life, and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances. NNEDV contributes 3% to each employee’s 401k retirement plan (no match required). NNEDV also provides 17 paid holidays (including the last full week of each year), three weeks of annual leave, and 10 days of sick leave each year. NNEDV also offers vision insurance at a nominal cost.
NNEDV is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage your application to join our highly accomplished team!
Apply for Fundraising & Development Specialist/Senior Fundraising & Development Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly