Design and layout corporate communications and marketing materials using industry standard traditional media (print production) and integrated print and digital techniques and software. Create, and produce original designs, graphic elements, and illustrations as needed. Participate as a Program Marketing team member with a particular focus on print, interactive, web and multimedia materials for ministry programs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs to create and design new layouts, or update and modify existing files. Assist in processing large and/or long-term projects as assigned. Design other printed or online ministry communications materials as needed, in accordance with corporate branding.
- Design and create unique design compositions, informational graphics, and illustrations that adhere to corporate branding standards for PFM programs. Translate verbal ideas into visual materials.
- Interact with PFM staff from various departments to discuss project requests and determine needs and specifications. Take initiative in maintaining open and effective communications with supervisor and coworkers on all projects.
- Collaborate with external print vendors for ministry needs including creating print specifications, procuring vendor quotes, coordinate with printers throughout production process and inventory management.
- Assist in maintaining event materials inventory, coordinate event needs with staff and schedule and coordinate shipments to hotels and conference centers.
- Utilize MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint) at an intermediate level to process documents (e.g., letters, reports, tables, charts, forms, manuals and templates, etc.). Work with corporate communications and analyze details. Create graphics and presentations. Electronically scan documents and graphics for use in print/digital presentations, and archival purposes.
- Assist ministry as point of contact for photo resources, including but not limited to collection of photos from field staff and freelance/volunteer photographers, organization of photos using photo database software, purchase of stock photos as necessary, and provision of photos for varied ministry use.
- Review all stages of project proofs for printing quality. Respond to inquiries about document status.
- Assist ministry as a resource person for general application questions.
Minimum years of relevant experience: 4-7 years of experience in graphic creation and design for print and digital media. 4-7 years of experience in electronic document production or other relevant applications.
Education: Relevant coursework / certifications.
Knowledge areas: Experience interacting with vendors.
Computer/Technology Skills: Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Strong knowledge of Mac platform. Photography skills a plus; not required. Strong desire to learn photography and photo style if skillset is currently present.