Human Resources Analyst (Employee Benefits/Worker's Compensation)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 4 years of specialized experience in providing direct service to employees regarding federal retirement, health insurance, other federal insurance programs, worker's compensation programs, and skill in applying analytical techniques to problems and issues of a more technical nature as they relate to federal benefits.
- Experience in independently applying statutes, regulations, precedents, and guides to claim cases; adjudicating disability claims and writing final decisions; processing requests for authorization of medical expenses; reviewing case files and determining relevance of information received; and using sound judgment to make appropriate decisions based on facts that support or refute health care fraud allegations; and working knowledge of medical terminology in order to correlate illnesses associated with the treatment prescribed by a treating physician or provider.
You must have the experience, knowledge and skills as listed in EACH of the evaluation factors. Failure to demonstrate that you meet all of the evaluation factor requirements as listed below will result in a score of zero (0); an ineligible status, and you will not be referred for further consideration. Include your major accomplishments relevant to the position requirements in your resume.
- Expert knowledge of federal worker's compensation injury concepts, principles, laws, regulations, and precedent decisions sufficient to recommend program changes or alternative new courses of managerial action requiring extension and modification of existing federal worker's compensation injury management issues critical to the resolution of safety and health management problems.
- Knowledge of Federal benefit programs including but not limited to the Federal Employees' Health Benefit Program, Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program, Federal Employees' Dental and Vision Insurance Program, CSRS/FERS Retirement and the Thrift Savings Plan.
- Knowledge of developments in new and changing legislation involving the Family and Medical Leave Act to advise, counsel and assist OIG managers in modifying their programs, methodologies, standards or regulations, criteria and policies.
- Knowledge of agency organizations, chain of command, policies, and standards regarding program objectives to ensure effective guidance and monitoring.
- Skill in public relations techniques sufficient to represent the agency at conferences and meetings with federal agencies and councils, employer/employee groups, unions, national industry organizations, interagency and special interest groups concerning program objectives and policies, special problems and issues.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
Education must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation here: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred. Special Instructions for Candidates with Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in U.S. education programs. You must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. credential evaluation service to interpret equivalency of your education against courses given in U.S. accredited colleges and universities. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the USPS OIG. We offer a broad array of benefits programs:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Care Insurances with Flexible Spending options.
For more information about these programs visit www.opm.gov/insure.
Retirement and Thrift Savings. For more information about these programs see www.opm.gov/retire and http://www.tsp.gov/.
Flexible Work Schedules. USPS OIG offers a range of family friendly flexibilities including flexible work schedules, telework and employee assistance programs.
Leave and Holidays. In addition to 10 paid holidays each year, you will earn 13 days of paid sick leave and 13 to 26 paid vacation days each year depending on your years of service.
For further information, please refer to our website at:
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status: Exempt (Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay; Exempt employees are not).
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible